Friday, May 6, 2011

Tom Sawyer's Island

I always love to visit Tom Sawyer's Island when I go to the Magic Kingdom; however, we don't always make it there due to some scheduling conflict.  On our last trip, we boarded a raft and sailed over to this mysterious island.  My favorite part of the entire island is the Fort.  The best part of the fort are the guns that are positioned in the rifle roost.  All of the guns used to make an excellent shooting noise when you pulled the trigger.  Sadly, not all of the guns seem to be working anymore.  Luckily, as we made our way around the fort, we discovered some guns that did make that satisfying shooting sound when we pulled the triggers.  The fort is so peaceful when the parks are fairly low on capacity.  We just sat at the old checkerboard and played a game (which I lost).  I also like to check in on the soldiers who have been working since back in the 1970s when they made their home at the fort.  I wonder if they ever get tired of doing the same thing over and over again.  The soldier who is usually resting on his bed was still snoring away as usual.  I hope that no one ever gets the bright idea to alter this little slice of heaven.  I hope that it remains untouched so that I can always go back and take a tour of a piece of Disney World that has been left as it should be.  It offers excitement and thrills but also relaxation and a wonderful view of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
The bridge that will take you to the fort.

Getting some shooting practice!

Excellent View of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Another excellent view of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

Working hard!


We created our own hidden Mickey!

Sleeping the day away!
The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment