Saturday, June 11, 2011

Do you remember the giant Epcot wand?

If you look to the top of Spaceship Earth today, you just see the gleaming sphere in its unadorned glory.  However, if you visited Epcot during the millennium celebration or several years after, you will notice a giant wand sitting on top of Spaceship Earth.  Most people in the Disney online hardcore fan community didn't like the wand because it detracted from the beauty of the symbol of Epcot.  I have to tell you that, honestly, I am indifferent to the wand.  I don't really hate it, but I don't really love it either.  The wand is gone now, and Spaceship Earth does look less cartoonish, which is good.  However, the wand didn't offend me as much as it did some other Disneyphiles.  Anyway, I just thought we'd stroll down memory lane and take a look at Epcot from 2005. 

No comments:

Post a Comment