Friday, July 22, 2011

Disney Purse Ventures

I am the proud owner of three Disney Dooney and Bourke purses.  I have the white Mickey Sketch pattern, a small black barrel type purse with the princess pattern, and the kristen tote with the 40th anniversary print.  My favorite of the whole group is the 40th anniversary bag.  The print on the purse is detailed and nostalgic, and this purse offers a great deal of space.  Along with all of these purses, I have many, many other Disney World totes and other purses that populate my closet. 

With all of the above information in mind, it should be clear to you that I really like to collect Disney bags of all shapes and sizes. Since Disney has been working with Dooney and Bourke, I wonder if Disney will launch onto other luxury purse brands.  Now, I have some ideas for this.  Vera Bradley is not really a luxury brand, but it would be a great partnership for Disney.  Vera Bradley creates patterns that are often florals or other more abstract designs.  I don't think it would be terribly difficult to hide some Mickey heads in such a pattern.  Come on Disney, make some more awesome purses that I can buy!  I promise that you have a captive audience with me at least.  What do you think?  Should Disney create more purses in conjunction with other designers?

1 comment: