Thursday, July 21, 2011

EPCOT Center: Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow


If you can dream it, then you can do it!  This sentence keeps resounding in my head.  I have become slightly obsessed with 1980s EPCOT Center.  I don't know what it is, but I can't seem to stop being sort of obsessed with the EPCOT that wasThe optimistic view of the future that was present in this Futureworld of the '80s really keeps calling to me.  I have been listening to the ride-through of Horizons on D-COT, and it really perks me up when I am feeling down.  Why doesn't Disney create any more attractions like this?  

In addition to Horizons, I just can't get that Veggie, Veggie, Fruit, Fruit song out of my head.  I remember watching Kitchen Cabaret as a young child and loving it.  I really miss it.  Anyway, my EPCOT obsession has been odd because honestly, Epcot is not my favorite park.  I really like Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, but if I had a time machine, and I could re-visit the EPCOT Center that was, I would be a happy camper. My obsession has led me to create Horizons key chains and search for old EPCOT stuff on ebay. It is so odd!  I guess Disney really knew what it was doing back then, but sadly, we have Mission Space and other attractions that have replaced the old favorites.  I miss the Dreamfinder and the old Figment ride as well as the World of Motion with its quirky look at transportation through the ages.  I miss the dated, but happy view of the future that Futureworld used to give its visitors.  I am not really a fan of Mission Space, and look at the slow death of the Wonders of Life Pavilion.  It has been sad to see all of the attractions in this facility meet their demise over the years.  

I have an idea!  Why not get rid of the Universe of Energy and the old Wonders of Life Pavilion and create something new and exciting!  This would bring new life back to this side of Futureworld.  Maybe they could bring back and new, refreshed Horizons show.  

Ahhh, I can hear Grandpa and Grandma getting ready to sing happy birthday to Davy right now!  I hope Mom and Dad can get that little boy's shoe and hold onto their dog, Napoleon.
Remember, if you can dream it, then you can do it! Yes you can; yes you can!

1 comment:

  1. New follower from Wordless Wednesday.
    Hope you follow back.
    http://grandmabonniescloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete