Sunday, November 6, 2011

Preparing for the Mouse Adventure!

            Last year when we made the trek to WDW around this time, we noticed that there were several people on Animal Kingdom who seemed to be on a scavenger hunt.  We asked a pair of competitors what they were up to, and they informed us that they were doing something called a Mouse Adventure, which is a scavenger hunt that is put on by a website called Mouseplanet.  At that moment, I vowed that I would also participate in this scavenger hunt whenever it occurred again.  Well, this weekend is it! 
            My husband and I registered for the event as soon as we could, and we have been looking forward to competing for months.  Our team name is the Wedway Peoplemover Posse!  We love old school Disney, so it was a no brainer to call ourselves by this name.  We have made our t-shirts, and collected every office supply that we could possibly need: clip boards, post-it notes, pens, pencils, tape, a stapler, etc.  We want to be prepared because we are just a little competitive.  I keep telling myself that this event is just for fun, and I do not need to worry about being victorious; we’ll see how that goes! 
            The event will take place at Hollywood Studios at 7am on Saturday, November 12th.  I don’t know what type of questions we will have or who we will meet, but I am so excited to be in my favorite place with other fellow Disneyphiles.  Luckily, we will arrive in the World on Friday morning, so we will get to experience the Food and Wine Fest before it ends.  Also, we will go to Fantasmic and try to cram in as much time at the parks as possible without interfering with the Mouse Adventure. 
            Well, I am going to finish packing, and I will let you know how it goes!  I hope we make a respectable showing.  Until next time, have a magical day, and keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment