Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Returning from Disneyland





       We just arrived home after a wonderful trip to Disneyland!  We arrived on Saturday, and we came home late Wednesday night of this past week, which allowed us time to explore all of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.  We ate at the Blue Bayou, Storytellers Café, Steakhouse 55, Carthay Circle, Wine Country Trattoria, Café Orleans, Rancho Del Zocalo, and the Carnation Café.  Needless to say, we experienced some fine culinary masterpieces at these restaurants. 
         We also spent time in Carsland, which is just as intricately detailed as everyone says it is.  It really feels like you are stepping into the movie. Radiator Springs Racers is both an exciting ride and a nod to the detailed storytelling that we have come to expect from Disney.  We went on this attraction three times, and I highly recommend it.  The quality of the audio-animatronic Cars is top notch, and the ride is thrilling, but not too wild.  The setting for the queue is beautiful, and it is easy to forget that the mountains are really sculpted and did not occur naturally.  We just enjoyed walking around Carsland when all of the neon was glowing and the music was playing.  This area has added some much needed ambiance to California Adventure. 
          Speaking of ambiance, Buena Vista Street is absolutely stunning.  We walked in all of the stores and really felt transported back to the 1920s when Walt Disney Productions was still just a dream in its infancy.  This area of the park is exciting and filled with so much detail.  I know that I will find even more of these details on future trips to the Disneyland Resort. 
Another highlight of the trip to California Adventure was dining at the Carthay Circle.  This restaurant was beautiful, and the food was unbelievable.  I ordered the mushroom risotto, and my husband ordered the steak.  The quality of the food and the service really made us feel like we were important people dining at a star-studded establishment.  We will definitely return to this restaurant on future trips to California. 
           On this trip, we divided our time between California Adventure and Disneyland.  Walking into Disneyland for me is always so strange because I go to Disney World so much.  I expect to see certain things, but then, instead of Cinderella Castle, I spot the Matterhorn.  Instead of seeing the Peoplemover, I just see empty tracks.  There were several times that we exited a ride and I was ready to go in one direction but realized that this direction would not be correct because I was not in Florida. 

      Overall, I truly enjoy my trips out to the original Disney Park.  I love seeing the old photos of Walt and the Imagineers that are hanging all over the parks and the resorts in California.  When you walk though Disneyland, you can definitely feel Walt’s presence.  I know that many people say that, but it is so true.  I like looking at the lantern in the Firehouse, and seeing it lit reminds me that Walt Disney is still present in spirit in all of his parks.  Until next time, have a magical day, and keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment