Friday, March 11, 2011

Disney World Night Time Shows: Wishes!

The night sky erupts with Wishes!
 One of my other favorite night time shows has to be Wishes.  This fireworks show evokes such emotion from me every time I see it.  The music is fantastic, and the fireworks themselves are very well done.  I have watched this show from a number of different vantage points; however, there is nothing like viewing it from Main Street, USA.  Having the castle as the backdrop really makes the show come alive.  Some other good views involve the area in Liberty Square right in front of the dock for the Liberty Belle. You can sit on the brick wall and have a lovely view of the fireworks.  If you want to be able to see the castle though, then you will be out of luck with this location.  However, if your main goal is to see the fireworks, this is a prime viewing spot.  In addition, you can also hop onto the Haunted Mansion after viewing the fireworks if you make you way over to the queue shortly before the end of the show.  Everyone else will still be waiting for the show to end.  

Now that we have discussed where to watch the show, let's talk about the show itself.  Wishes is my favorite fireworks show because it combines a great musical score in addition to the fireworks themselves.  This show really tells a story, and I like that in a fireworks show.  Conversely, Summer Nightastic was an explosive fireworks show with perimeter fireworks, but the story was lacking for me.  In addition, this show was essentially the same show that could be viewed during the Pirates and Princess Party.  No matter where I stood for this show, I could not hear all of the words nor could I get a really good view of all of the fireworks.  

During Wishes, make sure to look at the castle to see the different projections that are visible.  The castle is turned into a sorcerer's hat and a multitude of other surprises.  My favorite part of the show is when the individual red fireworks are shot from behind the castle to look like a scene from Fantasia, where Mickey has to deal with the sorcerer, Yensid.  Speaking of castle projections, we also had the opportunity to see the "Let the Memories Begin: The Magic, the Memories, and You" show that involves the castle as a sort of canvas for some hi-tech artwork.  This show is hard to describe, and pictures and videos really don't do it justice.  It is just amazing.  There are times when it appears that doors are opening in the castle, and the castle is changing colors.  This show is definitely worth seeing.  I was skeptical at first because I didn't want anything to sully the beauty of the castle.  However, this show is tastefully done, and I really enjoyed it. 
Well, that's all for today. Remember, all our wishes can come true; they are shining deep down inside of us, because that my friends, is where the magic lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment