Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing!


Well, the Tiki gods have finally spoken, and the Tiki Room will return to some of its former glory at the end of this summer.  This change is due to the fire that took place earlier this year at the attraction.  It will be nice to see this classic attraction again, especially for Disney World's 40th anniversary.  

Personally, I really never did like the Under New Management Tiki Room that replaced the Tropical Serenade.  Now, this may stem from the fact that I have an aversion to change, but I really think that the new show lacks the heart and quality that the old show possessed.  In spite of my declaration of dislike for this version of the show, I do enjoy the Tiki goddess of disaster that comes out during the show.  I think that this effect is well done, and it adds some excitement to the show.  However, I really do hate Iago.  He is annoying and mean, and I do not even think that he is entertaining.  I will be glad when the Tiki Room reopens, and we can see what the imagineers have cooked up.  I hope that it is not an attempt at a lame recreation of what was formerly there.  Walt knew what he was doing; don't question it.  For now, I will thank the Tiki gods for getting rid of Iago (hopefully for good) and wait for the new/old Tiki Room to re-open in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment