Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WDW, The Happiest Place on Earth. . . For Us Anyway!



As I sit here waiting for my next trip to WDW to occur, I can't help but wonder why I find such peace in a theme park.  I think of the time not spent in WDW as filler until it is time to return.  I guess that means that we need to move to Florida !  Anyway, I can tell you that I am happiest when my husband and I are there.  It is not the rides or the stores or the shows.  It is something intangible that is very hard to put into words.  I love the time that we are able to spend together; time that is not hampered by our demanding work schedules.  We can just enjoy being with one another.  In addition, I love the illusion of perfection that WDW provides.  Everything is clean; there is so much attention to detail.  The castmembers are friendly and accommodating.  They are such hard workers, and we have had very few bad experiences there.  All in all, Disney World is the happiest place on earth for us anyway.  

I really hate when people make comments on our constant need to visit the World.  They make comments like, "oh didn't you just go there?;" or "you know that is not reality;" or "you know that place is meant for kids."  All of these jabs and many more always make me a little sad.  Clearly, we love going to Disney, so why knock it?  I am going to chalk it up to jealousy or just the inability to understand what it means to be passionate about something.  Regardless, I will not let the naysayers stop us from making innumerable trips to Disney World.  Only 30 more days until we go again; I can't wait!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment